Wednesday, May 26, 2010

April

April Update-

So April was super busy, I didn't get a chance to update. This is what has been going on:

Softball started! We have a co-ed softball team that plays in Provo on Friday nights. This is a fun date night for us (especially when we win). It is mostly made up of our family: Ryan, me, KayLynn (Ryan's mom), Robyn, Emily, Jason (my siblings), some friends from 5th floor and a couple other people. We have had a ton of fun so far, winning several games :)

Next, the thing that has kept me busy.... I have been working PRN (as needed/on-call) for Heber Valley Hospital. They are a small hospital and not super busy, because of this they only have one Ultrasound Tech there a day. This has given me some experience, but mostly something to put on a resume. The first part of April, Dixie, our main Ultrasound tech called and asked if I could cover her shifts and call for the next 6 weeks because she was having emergent carpal tunnel surgery (she had waited so long they weren't sure how much damage was done to the nerves and wanted to do the surgery that week). So from the first part of April till almost the end of May I have been working full-time and taking a ton of call (every other week, and every other weekend, plus all my regular Mondays).

And during this same time Ryan has been very busy. He has been working full-time and going to school full-time. Ryan has been taking classes at UVU working on a biology degree, and to cut out a semester of school he decided to take a couple of classes at BYU. Unfortunately the two semesters overlapped by about a week. So during finals at UVU he was starting his first week at BYU.

No comments: